Sunday, December 21, 2008

Andrew Listens To Stuff In '08

Here you go.

1 - "Everything Is Borrowed" - The Streets - Everything Is Borrowed (0:00)
(This is the rap music that I like. I am so white.)


2 - "Lie Down Here (And Be My Girl)" - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!! (3:55)
It's Nick Cave, so what am I going to do aside from turn the volume up and just listen? Nothing, is what.


3 - "No" - Vivian Girls - Vivian Girls (8:45)
(I am sooo clever! I know.) I dig all twenty one minutes and sixteen seconds of their album. Lots of fun.


4 - "The Gardner" - The Tallest Man On Earth - Shallow Graves (10:05)
Oscar Gamble supports the gardener and all his actions.


5 - "Everything That Happens" - Brian Eno & David Byrne - Everything That Happens Will Happen Today (13:50)
I mean, this album was never going to be anything aside from awesome.


6 - "Undeclared" - The Dodos - Visiter (17:30)
Grammatical oddities were in vogue this year, it seems. (Wiki explains this one.)


7 - "My Luck" - Dagha - The Divorce (19:20)
This is a silly one, but I likes.


8 - "Oh Honey" - Langhorne Slim - Diamonds and Gold (22:15)
A quick little number. I didn't hate the new Avetts as much as other people, but this gave me something to enjoy from that realm in any case.


9 - "The Nun's Litany" - The Magnetic Fields - Distortion (23:50)
Another silly one. I will back Merritt to the grave.


10 - "A Dream Goes On Forever" - Todd Rundgren - Modal Soul Classics by Nujabes (26:40)
Nujabes' work was actually my favorite discovery of the year, by far, but he had no new material this year, so I was forced to include this track instead, from a compilation that he mastered. (Oh yeah. It's good.)


11 - "Time Away" - Arthur Russell - Love Is Overtaking Me (29:00)
Head nods to Tyler (again) for this one. I liked loads of tracks on this, but I guess I just picked this one since I like his Lou Reed impersonation, I think.


12 - "Mykonos" - Fleet Foxes - Sun Giant (31:05)
Enough has been said about these guys on the internet already.


13 - "7 Pounds" - Genius/GZA - Pro Tools (35:20)
Trying to be less white.


14 - "Armageddon Song" - The Dutchess and the Duke - She's The Dutchess, He's The Duke (37:55)
This was my favorite album of the year.


15 - "Rock It Number Nine" - Metaform - Standing on the Shoulders of Giants (40:35)
An instrumental track. Even if these are not your thing, it's short, and I think you might enjoy it a little anyway.


16 - "Tip Your Way" - The Felice Brothers - The Felice Brothers (41:50)
Aaron...Fuck you. Like, legitimately. But at the same time... Hugs! Hugs! and more Hugs!


The times in parentheses are the approximate start times for each song in my one-track mix, which I'd recommend listening to, just because it flows a little nicer.

But I also uploaded it in the standard manner.


Download. Listen. Love. Hate. Comment.

2 comments:

Sycophantman said...

Had I known the Felice Brothers would be such a hit, I would have mentioned them sooner.

Forgive me...

Eric said...

I almost asked you if you'd heard some of the new Nujabesque (that works nicely) stuff. Nice.

Anyway, I'll review and such in the coming days. I'll wait to post my song today, to let everyone digest the awesomeness. Oh, and because I'll be busy 'til tonight. That too.