Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - More News From Nowhere

It took me most of 2008 to get around to listening to Nick Cave's excellent, urgently titled "Dig!!! Lazarus Dig!!!" When I first heard "More News From Nowhere" on the radio several months ago, I mistook it for a Tender Prey-era throwback, so steeped is it in his core aesthetic. (The Odyssey recast in a seedy hotel/lounge and drenched in booze and sex and vice? This is like Hemingway and dying, alone, in the rain.)

Anyway, enjoy this preview of one of my top songs of 2008. The video is a bit NSFW, so listen with the window minimized, or watch at home (or both, for it is a rad video).


8 comments:

Sycophantman said...

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds are probably the most unlikely pairing of talented band saddled with an appearance that suggests absolute lameness.

Do I dig it? Well, dig might be extreme, I'll say that I appreciate it.

Werdna said...

Ha. I was considering putting this on my year-end mix -- and I would have had dibs, for a variety of reasons -- but I will be Mr Nice Guy and let you use it, I guess.

(Obviously I likes.)

(Dan) said...

Bob Dylan's 115th Dream + Hiding All Away = Excellent Mustachetowne

TomHat said...

The lead singer could quite literally be groping his granddaughter in the video and not look any creepier.

TomHat said...

ok, and i liked it.

Werdna said...

Tom. One thing we do not do here is make fun of Nick Cave. In any manner. Ever.

(Yes, I changed my little screen name thing. The other one was just too long.)

Whisk E. Bear said...

I'll change the intro thread again. GAWD!

(I, too, had the 115th Dream thought. Well done. And, Drew, you are too kind for allowing me this song, though if you use it I could just pick Midnight Man or Lie Down Here or Albert Goes West or any song on that album, which I DIG!!!.)

Bruno said...

He looks like Josh Brolin from No Country.