Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Swell Season - Fogtown (cover)

I went out and downloaded a live album from Michelle Shocked after Dan mentioned her a few weeks ago. One of the tracks on the disk was "Fogtown" which I was sure I recognized, but I could not say from where until I came across this while scouring the youtube:



Not that anyone cares, but notable facts from the evening are that it was the yuppie-est crowd in the history of mankind (Matthew Motherfucking Perry was even there--like I said, yuppie-est); and that Markéta Irglová actually does have stage presence, in spite of what you just saw in the Fogtown performance, not to mention the Academy Awards awkwardness.

I'd also encourage people to watch The Frames cover The Pixies, which I almost picked for this week, but decided not to, because I was attending the other one, and I like being self indulgent.

3 comments:

TomHat said...

Very good, i enjoyed it a lot.

and man, that lady did look really akward up there, they should get her a mic of her own.

Whisk E. Bear said...

I watched the Oscars last year for god knows why or what I was thinking, and that gal is hot. Too bad this is a live recording. Also, way to keep with a general movie theme today, gentlemen. I expect next week's series to focus on the Crimean War.

TomHat said...

crap. what the hell is the crimson warp?