Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Jewel & The Rubies - Kidnapper

I first heard this a few weeks back on The Roadhouse, a specialty show on KEXP that features blues, soul, folk, country, R&B and classic rock (the esteemed Marion Black has enjoyed airtime, in fact). I think you could probably get me to love just about any song that references old detective shows and Westerns throughout. (Bonus points for catching the theme song that is referenced in a Corey Feldman movie). I apologize for the audio quality, but this is what YouTube gave me:

2 comments:

Craig said...

(I'm guessing it's the "Have Gun Will Travel" part, the theme song to which they sing in Stand By Me)

You don't need me to tell you this one is more than a bit of a gem. That's some Enchantment Under The Sea, Sock Hop, fingering your girl in the back of your Corvair shit right there.

Sycophantman said...

I'm keen on this one, well done Tyles. Well. Done...