Monday, July 27, 2009

Status Quo - Lonely Night

Yes, yes it's true. Grumble all you want. I'm here, I'm clear- deal with it.

And I had to think long and hard on this one, too. Lest I post some poor-sound-quality Stale Fashion live outtakes.

Anywho, I'm sure if you had even a slight spark of interest of some of the things I discovered on deployment, The Angels, Australian rock band whose popularity was anticipated to rival that of AC/DC back in the 70s, did have one Australian beer song that has stood the test of time and rang out in the ears of one Goat. sailing the high seas.

I perused some of the comments on the youtube videos for "Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again"... And much to my chagrin, I discovered that it wasn't an original. Something I had perceived to be so beautiful could be mercilessly hijacked from another band's repertoire.

It's just as repetitive, but something about the more subtle guitar melody seems to work. I'll never not like the Angels version of this song, but I'll never listen to it the same way again.

2 comments:

Oh God... It's Lou. said...

Yes, I jumped the gun. I was trying to time this so the post hit at midnight pacific. Fail. On all accounts.

(Dan) said...

I like this one too, and hugs to you.