Saturday, February 20, 2010

Keith Carradine - I'm Easy

The other day (Dan) and I were talking a bunch about Nashville, and what a terrific film it is. I had just finished reading a book about the production of the movie, and (Dan) had just finished watching the 3+ hr movie twice in one week.
This song, written and performed in the movie by Keith Carradine ("the one from Dexter recently, not the one who jacked his way off to the grave"), won an Academy Award for best original song, the only Oscar it won. I'd say that this song is one of about five songs that deserve such an award, and maybe ten that are extremely pleasant to listen to. I don't want to analyze the song too much because I think I'd end up giving away too much about the movie, but WHEN you watch the movie please note that this song, sung by the character Carradine plays, is playing on a record player in every scene in Carradine's hotel room.
I don't know how long I will be harping on Oscar-nominated songs, but I can promise you that I am not bored of this yet.