Friday, February 19, 2010

Sleater-Kinney - You're no Rock and Roll Fun

It occurs to me that I've never posted a S-K song. I've had them queued up several times, but I guess something else always struck my fancy better. Of the four albums of theirs that I own, this one is the weakest, but it's also the first one I bought, and I got it on the strength of seeing this video, probably on 120 Minutes or something. Carrie Brownstein keeps her own music blog for NPR and contributes to "All Songs Considered", which mostly discusses new music and is a podcast that some of you should check out if you never have.

3 comments:

Oh God... It's Lou. said...

Interesting. I never pegged you, Craig, as a fan of S-K. Life is just full of surprises sometimes.

I can't say I can accurately gauge them as an artist considering my only experience is their opening for Pearl Jam in 2003 in the first concert I ever attended. Wasn't the greatest venue, UNO Lakefront. They didn't strike me as an arena type band, and those damn Louisiana folk were just too fucking loud.

Craig said...

Oh, I love Sleater-Kinney. I lament their passing - their last album was the best of their career. I never saw them live, but I have no doubt they could blast the fuck out of an arena - Pearl Jam is, quite frankly, kind of wussy compared to S-K.

(Dan) said...

!