Tuesday, May 25, 2010

White Antelope - Silver Dagger, Dolly Parton - Coat of Many Colors, Sonny and the Sunsets - Too Young to Burn

So here's a beautiful cover from White Antelope, which is a side project from the lead singer of Fleet Foxes, Robin Pecknold. It's a joy to listen to, isn't it?


So yeah, that just happened.

But then I started looking for another version of the song, because I couldn't remember who had originated the song. Seems there wasn't anything to remember, because the wiki-oracle simply stated that it was possibly much older than the late 19th century. I mean, more than a hundred years old? That's old, I mean mind-grinding old, VH1 isn't doing any kind of 5 night special on that shit. (RIP)

But what's this? Dolly Parton did a cover as well? It could be a laugh to post that one instead. En route to doing just that, I was stopped by this chestnut.


I mean, look at that. How is it even possible to play guitar with those nails? Jesus, I'm giving you respect for that alone. Rock that string box, girl.

Oh, yeah. I guess a third will work. So...


Yeah, that's pretty sweet, isn't it?


No comments: