Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Brian Jonestown Massacre - Whoever You Are

Well, I didn't think we'd be in port for me long enough anywhere to have a long enough moment of clarity to post one of these things, which is why I thought for certain "Seed of Memory" was going to be the last post of the year, but I've been noticing the "Occasional Tuesdays" tag Aaron likes to use and thought I'd include my two cents' for a change (Aussies don't use anything smaller than nickels. Strange.)

I don't know why I didn't post something about when I randomly picked up Who Killed Sgt Pepper? when it came out around the same time Tyles' BRMC post came around about Beat the Devil's Tattoo. Maybe it was because I was disappointed that this sounded nothing like the early BJM stuff from the 90s, which was to me some angsty guitar with other stuff mixed in like an improved version of grunge. Most of the new record was some eccentric drum and bass, with a couple moments of clarity that stood out but by no means were representative of the whole. What the hell am I talking about? I'm probably still drunk. When this post is finished, I will be partaking in a pub crawl that might make international headlines if my buddy's harbingers of doom about him not wanting to participate tonight hold any water.

No comments: